Middle School Faculty-STEM
Holy Spirit Preparatory School is seeking exceptional, enthusiastic, motivated individuals to join us as a Middle School Faculty-STEM for the 2022-23 school year. Holy Spirit Preparatory School is a Catholic, independent Pre-K to 12 school in North Atlanta. Our Christ-centered environment prioritizes educating the whole child to be successful not only in future studies but also in his or her unique vocation.
The Middle School Faculty-STEM at Holy Spirit Preparatory School is responsible for fostering a positive experience for every student and family 6th through 8th grade, providing classroom instruction and assisting with other elements of the HSP enrichment programs. The Middle School Faculty-STEM is an exempt, full-time, summer schedule position which reports to their respective Department Chair and the Lower School Principal.
- Model virtuous behavior in accord with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
- Ensure that the departmental strategies are implemented in achieving the mission and goals of the school, to follow departmental objectives and assessments, and accordingly in cooperation with the members of the department.
- Know and use a wide range of assessment strategies consistent with course content and objectives.
- Design lessons and deliver instruction in accordance with the school’s mission and specific curricular objectives established by the administration.
- Use learning resources and technology to enhance lessons where appropriate.
- Participate productively as a member of the faculty, including attendance at faculty meetings and retreats, chaperoning and/or advising student events/activities, and professional development.
- Provide a safe learning environment in which students may take intellectual risks.
- Provide reports on student progress and maintain open communication with families and administration by communicating in a clear and supportive manner.
- Serve as a role model for students in a manner consistent with our school’s Catholic identity.
- Stay abreast of current educational research and best practices by pursuing continual professional growth.
- Communicate with Department Chair as prudent to ensure that your department functions at a high interactive and productive level.
- Support the school and its leadership and perform other duties as assigned by the LS Principal and administration.
- Practicing and informed Catholic in communion with the Holy Roman Catholic Church who knows and follows the precepts of the Church.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in elementary education or related field required.
- Basic skill with technology (e.g., use of a laptop, document camera, and projector; use of MS Word or equivalent).
- Commitment to teamwork, service, leadership, and growth
- Three to five years of teaching experience in an independent school preferred. State certification or certification eligible (GA) preferred.
- Experience in classical education a plus.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.