Holy Spirit Preparatory School is seeking for qualified, enthusiastic, motivated individuals to join as a Pre-K 3 Teacher for the the 2021-22 school year. Holy Spirit Preparatory School is a Catholic, independent Pre-K to 12 school in North Atlanta. Our Christ-centered environment prioritizes educating the whole child to be successful not only in future studies, but also in his or her unique vocation. The PreK-3 Teacher is an exempt, part-time (3-days a week), summer schedule position that reports to the Preschool Director.
- Establish and enforce rules of behavior for children in their classrooms.
- Provide basic needs for children.
- Provide tools and resources for children to use and explore during learning and play activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of children.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and parents.
- Models virtuous behavior in accord with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Models effective teacher/parent partnership through timely communication with parents in support of student learning.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective formative environment for students and work environment for peers.
- Ability to develop activities that are fun and educational for young children.
- Ability to instruct young children in rules of conduct and learning new tasks.
- Ability to select the appropriate teaching method and adapt to children's learning styles.
- Ability to effectively communicate with children and parents.
- Proficient active listening skills to understand and adapt to the various needs of children and parents.
- Patience and compassion suitable for working with young children.
- Be a practicing and informed Catholic in communion with the Holy Roman Catholic Church who knows and follows the precepts of the Church.
- B.A. from an accredited institution in Education, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a teacher in an independent school, preferred.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.