Lower School Faculty
Holy Spirit Preparatory School is seeking a Lower School Faculty. Holy Spirit Preparatory School is a Catholic, independent Pre-K to 12 school in North Atlanta. Our Christ-centered environment prioritizes educating the whole child to be successful not only in future studies but also in his or her unique vocation.
The Lower School Faculty at Holy Spirit Preparatory School provides classroom instruction and assist with other elements of the HSP enrichment programs. Faculty is responsible for fostering a positive Holy Spirit Preparatory experience for every child in their classroom. This exempt, full-time, summer schedule position reports to the Interim Lower School Principal.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure that the departmental strategies are implemented in achieving the mission and goals of the school and to follow departmental objectives, assessments, and accordingly in cooperation with the members of the department.
- Know and use a wide range of assessment strategies consistent with course content and objectives.
- Design lessons and deliver instruction in accordance with the school’s mission and specific curricular objectives established by the administration.
- Use learning resources and technology to enhance lessons where appropriate.
- Participate productively as a member of the faculty, including attendance at faculty meetings and retreats, chaperoning and/or advising student events/activities, and professional development.
- Provide a safe learning environment in which students may take intellectual risks.
- Provide reports on student progress and maintain open communication with families and administration by communicating in a clear and supportive manner.
- Serve as a role model for students in a manner consistent with our school’s Catholic identity.
- Stay abreast of current educational research and best practices by pursuing continual professional growth.
- Communicate with Department Chair as prudent to ensure that your department functions at a high interactive and productive level.
- Support the school and its leadership and perform other duties as assigned by the administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal or Administration.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in elementary education or related field required.
- Three to five years’ work experience preferred.
- Practicing and informed Catholic in communion with the Holy Roman Catholic Church who knows and follows the precepts of the Church.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written).
- Candidate must also pass all background checks and meet state requirements, if warranted.
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.